Areas of Expertise
- Industrial Organization
- Energy and Environmental Economics
- Experimental Economics
Professor Reynolds' current research examines electricity restructuring issues, the impact of environmental policy on energy markets, and integration of renewable energy into the electric grid.
Recent Research Papers
- “Market Dynamics and Investment in the Electricity Sector” with Joseph Cullen, University of Arizona Economics Working Paper 17-05, February 2017.
- “Price Caps, Oligopoly, and Entry,” with David Rietzke, Forthcoming in Economic Theory.
- "Intermittency and the Value of Renewable Energy," with Gautam Gowrisankaran and Mario Samano, Journal of Political Economy, August 2016.
- "Pivotal Suppliers and Market Power in Experimental Supply Function Competition," with Jordi Brandts and Arthur Schram, Economic Journal, September 2014.
Other Selected Publications
- “The Economics of Solar Electricity”, with Erin Baker, Meredith Fowlie & Derek Lemoine, Annual Review of Resource Economics. June 2013
- “Supply Function Equilibria with Pivotal Suppliers," with Talat Genc, International Journal of Industrial Organization, July 2011.
- “Auctions with a Buy Price,” with John Wooders, Economic Theory, January 2009.
- “Dynamic Oligopolistic Games Under Uncertainty: A Stochastic Programming Approach,” with Talat Genc and Suvrajeet Sen, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, January 2007.
- “Durable Goods Monopoly: Laboratory Market and Bargaining Experiments,” RAND Journal of Economics, Summer 2000.
- “Bertrand-Edgeworth Competition, Demand Uncertainty, and Asymmetric Outcomes,” with Bart J. Wilson, Journal of Economic Theory, May 2000.
- “Bertrand-Edgeworth Competition in Experimental Markets,” with Jamie Kruse, Stephen Rassenti and Vernon L. Smith, Econometrica, 1994.
- “Appropriability and Market Structure in a Stochastic Invention Model,” with R. Mark Isaac, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 1988.
- “Capacity Investment, Preemption and Commitment in an Infinite Horizon Model,” International Economic Review, 1987.