Ph.D. in Economics, University of Illinois, 1971
Areas of Expertise
- Public Finance
- Economic Education
- Health Economics
Recent Research Papers
- AMERICA THE BROKE: How the Reckless Spending in the White House and Congress are Bankrupting our Country and Destroying our Children's Future, Doubleday Publishing, 2004.
- Bankruptcy 1995: The Coming Collapse Of America And How To Stop It, with Harry E. Figgie Little Brown Publishing - 39 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller List, 1993.
- The Hyperinflation Survival Guide - Strategies for American Businesses, Publisher Figgie International, 1990.
- “Changing Paradigms in Medical Payment”, with Victor Tabbush, Ph.D., Archives of Internal Medicine, forthcoming.
Awards and Honors
- University of Arizona Alumni Association Teacher Appreciation Award (2007)
- Faculty Recognition Award, Eller Student Council (2007)
- Eller College of Management, Student Council Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor of the Year (2006)
- University of Arizona Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award, at both the College and University-wide levels
- University of Arizona Faculty Recognition Award
- Five Star Faculty Award for Teaching from the University of Arizona honors program
- Professor of the Year Award from the National Federation of Independent Business