Areas of Expertise
- Environmental and Energy Economics
- Climate Change
- Decision-Making Under Uncertainty and Over Time.
- Technological Change
Professor Lemoine's research combines economic theory and computational methods to better understand the dynamics of optimal environmental policy and of energy systems.
- Steering the Climate System: Using Inertia to Lower the Cost of Policy (with I. Rudik), 2017. American Economic Review 107(10):2947-57.
- Green Expectations: Current Effects of Anticipated Carbon Pricing, 2017. Review of Economics and Statistics 99(3):499-513.
- Age-Induced Acceleration of Time: Implications for Intertemporal Choice, 2018. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 153: 143-152.
- Managing Climate Change Under Uncertainty: Recursive Integrated Assessment at an Inflection Point (with I. Rudik), 2017. Annual Review of Resource Economics 9:117-142.
- Escape from Third-Best: Rating Emissions for Intensity Standards, 2017. Environmental and Resource Economics 67(4):789-821.
- A Top-Down Approach to Projecting Market Impacts of Climate Change (with S. Kapnick), 2016. Nature Climate Change (6):51-55.
- Watch Your Step: Optimal Policy in a Tipping Climate, (with C. Traeger), 2014. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 6(1):137-166.
- The Economics of Solar Electricity, (with E. Baker, M. Fowlie, and S. Reynolds), 2013. Annual Review of Resource Economics 5(1): 387-426.
- The Climate Risk Premium: How Uncertainty Affects the Social Cost of Carbon
- Designing Dynamic Subsidies to Spur Adoption of New Technologies (with A. Langer)
- Innovation-Led Transitions in Energy Supply
- Expect Above Average Temperatures: Identifying the Economic Impacts of Climate Change
- Valuing Science Policy: Dynamic Decision-Making With Generalized Bayesian Learning (with I. Rudik and M. Rosenthal)
- General Equilibrium Rebound from Improved Energy Efficiency
- Rationally Misplaced Confidence
- Sufficient Statistics for the Cost of Climate Change
Other Selected Publications
- Ambiguous Tipping Points (with C. Traeger), 2016. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 132:5-18.
- Economics of Tipping the Climate Dominoes (with C. Traeger), 2016. Nature Climate Change 6(5):514-519.
- Valuing Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles' Battery Capacity Using a Real Options Framework, 2010. The Energy Journal 31(2):113-143.
- Trapped Between Two Tails: Trading Off Scientific Uncertainties via Climate Targets (with H.C. McJeon), 2013. Environmental Research Letters 8:034019.
- Climate Sensitivity Distributions Depend on the Possibility that Models Share Biases, 2010. Journal of Climate 23(16):4395-4415.
- Paleoclimatic Warming Increased Carbon Dioxide Concentrations, 2010. Journal of Geophysical Research 115:D22122.
- An Innovation and Policy Agenda for Commercially Competitive Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (with D. Kammen and A. Farrell), 2008. Environmental Research Letters 3(1):014003.