Lecturer in Economics
Ph.D. in Economics, George Mason University, 2013
Areas of Expertise
- Economic Education
- New Institutional Economics
- Public Choice
- Development Economics
ECON 200 Principles of Economics
ECON 317 Development Economics
HRNS 395A Economics of Love and Marriage
Services and Other Duties
Executive Director of the Journal of Economics Teaching. journalofeconomicsteaching.org
- “Through the Lens of Life: Teaching Principles of Economics with Humans of New York” (with A. Al-Bahrani, K. Holder, & G. D. Mateer), Journal of Economics and Finance Education, 16(2) ,19-30, 2017.
- “First Impressions: Why the First Day Matters” (with G. D. Mateer), Perspectives on Economic Education Research, 9 (2), 1-9, 2015.
- Dystopia & Economics: How to Survive Everything from the Apcolypse to Zombies (co-editedwith M. Vachris), New York: Routledge, April 2018
- "Disneynomics: Animate Your Class" (with D. Calhoun & M. Kirts)
- "Dive in! Tips for teaching economics through Shark Tank" (with A. Al-Bahrani, D. Patel, & B. Sheridan)
- "Setting the Scene: Using Film to Teach Behavioral Economics" (with M. Briguglio & G. D. Mateer)
- "Unintended Returns: The unplanned role of nonprofits in the economy and society"
- "Using Big Hero 6 to Better Understand Asymmetric Information" (with G .D. Mateer)