Donald A. Wells
- Ph.D. University of Oregon
- Economics eduation
- Economic development
- International economics
- “Laboratory Experiments for Undergraduate Instruction in Economics,” Journal of Economic Education, 1993.
- “The Effects of Saudi Industrialization on Employment,” Journal of Energy and Development, Spring 1986.
- “Exchange and Trade,” The Elementary Economist. The National Center for Economic Education for Children, Spring 1985.
- “The U.S. Balance of Payments,” Contemporary Economic Issues, Spring 1984.
- “Saudia Arabian Development Strategy,” American Enterprise Institute, Washington, D.C. 1976.
- “Saudia Arabian Revenues and Expenditures,” John Hopkins Press (Resources for the Future, Inc.), 1974.
- “Aramco: The Evolution of an Oil Concession,” Foreign Investment in the Petroleum and Mineral Industries, The Johns Hopkins Press
(Resources for the Future, Inc.), 1968.
- “Economic Analysis of Attitudes of Host Countries toward Direct Foreign Investment Abroad,” U.S. Private and Foreign Investment Abroad,
U. of Oregon Press, 1962. (Reprinted in Krause and Mathis, International Economics and Business: Selected Readings.)
Awards and Honors
- State of Arizona Professor of the Year, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, 2000.
- The Sherril Creative Teaching Award, University of Arizona 1975, 1995.
- BPA College Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Teaching Award, University of Arizona, 1987, 1991, 1999.
- National Educator Award, National Foundation of Independent Business, 1988.
- Western Economic Association Distinguished Teaching Award, 1980.