Assistant Professor of Economics
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley 2011
- Environmental and Energy Economics
- Climate Change
- Decision-Making Under Uncertainty
- Bayesian Statistics
Professor Lemoine's present research models optimal policy in the presence of tipping points and unknown thresholds. In general, he considers the challenge of learning about and interacting with complex systems such as the climate and the macroeconomy.
- “Watch Your Step: Optimal Policy in a Tipping Climate,” Forthcoming, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy.
- “The Economics of Solar Electricity,” 2013, Annual Review of Resource Economics 5 (1). doi:10.1146/annurev-resource-091912-151843 (free paper)
- "Valuing Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles' Battery Capacity Using a Real Options Framework," 2010, The Energy Journal 31(2):113-143.
- "Climate Sensitivity Distributions Depend on the Possibility that Models Share Biases," 2010, Journal of Climate 23(16):4395-4415. doi:10.1175/2010JCLI3503.1
- "Paleoclimatic Warming Increased Carbon Dioxide Concentrations," 2010, Journal of Geophysical Research 115:D22122. doi:10.1029/2010JD014725
- "An Innovation and Policy Agenda for Commercially Competitive Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles," (with Kammen and Farrell), 2008, Environmental Research Letters 3(1):014003. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/3/1/014003
Other Selected Publications
- “The Influence of Negative Emission Technologies and Technology Policies on the Optimal Climate Mitigation Portfolio,” (with Fuss, Szolgayova, Obersteiner, and Kammen), 2012, Climatic Change 113 (2): 141–162. doi:10.1007/s10584-011-0269-4.
- "The Climate Impacts of Bioenergy Systems Depend on Market and Regulatory Policy Contexts," (with Plevin, Cohn, Jones, Brandt, Vergara, and Kammen), 2010, Environmental Science and Technology 44(19):7347-7350. doi:10.1021/es100418p
- "Reduce Growth Rate of Light-Duty Vehicle Travel to Meet 2050 Global Climate Goals," (with Sager, Apte, and Kammen), 2011, Environmental Research Letters 6(2):024018. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/6/2/024018
- "Cost-Effectiveness of Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions from Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles," (with Kammen, Arons, and Hummel), 2009, In Plug-in Electric Vehicles: What Role for Washington?, ed. Sandalow, 170-191.
- " A Landscape-Level GIS Analysis of Streamside Management Zones on the Cumberland Plateau," (with Evans and Smith), 2006, Journal of Forestry, 104(3):25-31